Weightloss Journey! The journey so far.

In April 2018 I decided it was time to stop being down about my weight and actually do something about it. No more eating unhealthy it was time to eat healthier and getting sorted.
Yes I went through a horrible break up but I feel that it was a wake up call for me to actually try my hardest and actually lose weight instead of putting it off. Also I have a wedding next year in may 2019 (Which I'm bridesmaid for)  which is also another reason why I wanted to actually get some motivation. 

Now I'm not normally open about things like this as its normally something i like to keep to myself but I've had requests on my Instagram to actually share my story and share with you guys that it is actually possible that if you are in the right mindset you can actually achieve something. 

Right side 13th April 2018- 13th July 2018
I was a size 22 back in January 2018 which to me I know they say that never look at the label as it doesn't define you but for me it did define me as a person and if I'm honest it made me feel shit about myself. When you see the girls you follow on Instagram look all  like babes and theirs you. 
The gym started for me, thanks to one of my best friends who encouraged me to go, We started doing a session together each week were we would do classes and different workouts. 

I started doing a number of exercises and trying not to overdo it as if you do that it will make you not want to go. I manage to go to the gym three times a week when my shifts allowed me to and the sessions would last about 45 minutes each time I went which for someone who was just starting out is pretty decent.



Were am I at now? 

 I've gone from a size 22 to a size 16 in 3 months which is great progression. Yes I'm still curvy but not like i used to be. I'm still on a health kick were I've cut down on a lot of food that I used to eat. I'm not a huge meat eater anymore as much as I use to be, cut a lot of that out and replaced it , also eating a lot of fruit and veg now which is a good way to go. Cutting the caffeine and also cutting out sugar which was a hard one for me as I have sugar in coffee and tea but now its sweeteners which is a great step for me. I'm still working on cutting down on coffee but I've stopped the red bull and the energy drinks.
Gym sessions are now twice a week and they are 1 hour long sessions with cardio and weights. Also joined a running club, I also go to the gym a lot on my own now which is a huge step because when i first started I had super bad anxiety towards working out in front of others now its easier to do it as they have the same goal as you and they want to lose weight too, I catch myself looking at my reflection more and in the mirrors more at the gym because i cant get over my progression.

I Feel the top things to remember are:

1. Motivation
2. Eating Right
3. Believing in yourself
4. Feeling comfortable in yourself
5. Seeing results.

If you have gone on a weight loss journey be sure to reach out to me and let me know what the results were?

Follow me on Instagram: heylucieanne

Love 
Lucy 
xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's In My Bag (Lifestyle)

Top 3 Lipsticks For Winter 2015