Anxiety Struggle : How I cope? Personal Post!






This is something that i dont really like to talk about much, but ive grown the courage to finally be able to talk about it to people. When i young every so often i would have a panic attack. Ever since that day i would have them  regularly.I was pretty young so i didn't know really how it happened and how to deal with it. When i turn 15-16 years old it began to get worst as i was sitting my gcse at school. Before every exam i would start to experience a panic attack.What was more horrible is that i felt like i was humiliating myself because everyone was watching me which was making me worst. Throughout my GCSE at school i tried and tried not to freak out but it kept coming and in the end i would take my exams after a long discussion with the exam board in the comfort of my own home. From that day onwards i felt a little better but then come the low self esteem and low confidence because having these panic attacks were making me feel well im gonna put it this way it made me feel like utter crap. My mum was very supportive through this time and reached out to a group called youth4u. They where a massive part of who i am today because they helped me overcome the fear and stress of when i have a panic attack. I went through a rough patch when i was dealing with this but i surrounded myself with people who supported me. To this day i dont have them as often only when things aren't going great. When i was alone now i know what im suppose to do but back then i didn't have a clue and when i used to have the attacks i used to just dial 999 and having a voice talk back to me and trying to calm down was my coping mechanism. Now i cope with if i feel like its going to happen to just slow breath and occasionally i will need a paper bag to blow in and out but its not that great. When im having them i normally just try and mange it and now draw attention to myself and just breath and drink some water to try and stop me from freaking out. Having anxiety doesn't stop you from doing things you love. I travel a ton and sometime i go alone when i was 13-17 i wouldn't of dreamed of doing it because of how ill i thought i was. There is help out there so if you have anxiety talk to someone about it im always open to talk about things and if i can help i would love to
 (Contact me : lucyoconnell17@gmail.com) but also there is charities out there that can help too just type them in google.
You're not alone as you feel. Reach out and be heard.

i hope you have enjoyed this personal post and i would love to hear your stories 



Lucy xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In My Bag (Lifestyle)

Top 3 Lipsticks For Winter 2015

Weightloss Journey! The journey so far.